Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bible Journaling with Savannah O'Gwynn

Hello, friends:}
Savannah O'Gwynn here today sharing a fun start-to-finish video and bible journaling entry. 

I really enjoy using my 
PS stamps and dies to make the Word come alive. It really helps me remember what I've read, letting the Truth permeate my mind, heart, and soul. 

Today's verse comes from Exodus 27. I mention in the video about going to Israel and seeing the olive press machine- it was so large! It amazes me what people back then used and created- this machine is high-tech (on a whole other level! LOL!)! I share 3 photos of the olive press, but I don't explain what you are looking at... so here's a short explanation: the large circle rock is pushed around by a donkey to make the machine work; there are three very large and heavy stones hanging from a wooden beam- the donkey makes these move up and down to press the olives; each stone is used for each level of pressing (i.e. the first stone is used for the first pressing, stones one and two are used for the second pressing, etc). I hope this makes sense- if not then we will have to visit Israel together;) I can't wait to go back!!! 



Here's the video *****Be sure to change your settings to HD before watching! THANKS! 
Paper Smooches stamps: Smoocheroos

Here are a couple of other bible journaling pages that I've completed using various PS stamps/dies. 
I also used my PS stamps/dies to create some clip decorations- you can check out my how-to videos HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE!  
I hope that you are inspired get into the Word and to use your PS stamps/dies for bible journaling or book art! ANNNNNNNNNNND I forgot!!!!!!! This journaling page is perfect for the February "love" themed challenge- I've got pink and hearts on my project! LOVE it! I hope you will join in the fun with the PS February challenge! You could WIN a $50 Paper Smooches gift certificate!

And remember to link up your creations to our Inspired By Virtual Smooches post!!! 

**And don't forget if you leave a comment, please add your blog address and email so I can visit you too:) I love hearing from the VS followers when you've created something based off of one of our videos:) So keep leaving comments and links- you could be our next Virtual Smooches FF!!! ***If you don't have a blog-- email me a pic and let me know what inspired you!!! 
(savannahland2 at comcast dot net)

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your journal pages are gorgeous! And that machine is so interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisd said...

I loved seeing the Olive press of antiquity. We visited the Olive Oil farm in Arizona and it was fascinating. Your Bible journalling is great also.